Your Guide to EPT Prague 2022 – Play Poker in the Czech Capital
For the second time in the calendar year, the PokerStars European Poker Tour (EPT) is coming to the capital of the Czech Republic, Prague.
The final leg of this year’s EPT will be played out at the Kings Casino Prague, a relatively new venue, the sister casino to the world-famous King’s Resort in Rozvadov, which has been the focal point of European poker life for many years.
The EPT will be played alongside the lower buyin Eureka Poker Tour, another popular PokerStars-sponsored event that we have grown accustomed to seeing across Eastern and Southern Europe.
With the EPT Prague schedule now set in stone and the event just a couple of weeks away, let's take a look at what you can expect and which tournaments will be the focus of Europe's poker elite this December.
EPT Prague 2022 Schedule
As we have grown accustomed to seeing at the various EPT stops, the online poker giant PokerStars has made sure that poker players get all the action they want during the days of EPT Prague.
The EPT schedule kicks off on December 7 and will have events going all the way to December 18 for nearly two full weeks of hectic poker fun and action.
The major events that are part of the official EPT and Eureka Poker Tour will be supplemented by a number of other tournaments which won’t have any official Tour markings on them.
Yet, you will have a chance to enter dozens of events over the 11 days of action, with buy-ins ranging from just €125 for the qualifiers to €50,000 for the Super High Roller event.
Action will be split between Eureka events, which will come with a more affordable buyin, and the EPT events, which will be the official part of PokerStars’ most successful tour.
The EPT Prague Main Event itself will come with a €5,300 buyin and six days of gameplay, while the Eureka Poker Tour Main Event will feature a lower €1,100 buyin and a similar structure (apart from Day 1 flights).
Both tours will also feature High Roller events, with Eureka only coming with a single €2,200 High Roller, while EPT players will have a chance to play a number of €25,000 High Rollers and a single €50,000 High Roller tournament.
If you are into mixed games, a number of events will be run that are right up your alley, including 8-Game, H.O.R.S.E, and PLO events, to name just a few.
On top of all the poker tournaments, the hosts are also throwing a number of special events away from the tables for all the participants.
h3. EPT Prague 2022 – Fun On & Off the Tables
If you are looking forward to your Prague experience, here is a quick rundown of the special tourist events that PokerStars will be throwing for you, and which you can enjoy completely free of charge:
- December 10 at 18:00 – Thrill Park Haunted House
- December 11 at 20:00 – Players Party @ Cloud9
- December 16 at 12:00 – River Cruise with Lunch
Make sure to ask the tournament and casino staff about participating in these events the moment you come to Prague or even ahead of time via email or telephone.
It's nearly time for #EPTPrague. Here's what's in store away from the tables, including a party, activities and an exclusive World Cup Fan Zone so you won't miss a kick. https://t.co/ieJuAT2Xb1 pic.twitter.com/jUYyuwC3uP
— PokerStars Blog (@PokerStarsBlog) November 24, 2022
With that said, let’s also take a quick look at the full EPT Prague 2022 poker tournament schedule (no satellites, only entry days):
- €1,100 NLH Freezeout – Dec 7
- €5,000 NLH Mystery Bounty (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 7
- €550 NLH Hyper Turbo Freezeout – Dec 7
- €1,100 8-Game (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 8
- €1,100 Eureka Main Event (Single Re-Entry per Flight) – Dec 8, 9
- €1,050 NLH Hyper Turbo Freezeout – Dec 8
- €25,000 NLH High Roller (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 9
- €440 Eureka Cup (Single Re-Entry Per Flight) – Dec 10
- €2,100 NLH Hyper Turbo Knockout – Dec 10
- €2,200 Eureka High Roller (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 11
- €50,000 EPT Super High Roller (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 11
- €5,300 EPT Main Event (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 12, 13
- €550 H.O.R.S.E. (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 12
- €5,200 PLO (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 12
- €1,050 Hyper Turbo Freezeout – Dec 12
- €25,000 NLH (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 13
- €1,100 PLO (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 13
- €2,100 NLH (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 13
- €550 NLH Hyper Turbo Freezeout – Dec 13
- €1,100 PLO Hi-Lo (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 14
- €3,000 EPT Mystery Bounty (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 14
- €1,050 NLH Hyper Turbo Knockout – Dec 14
- €550 8-Game (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 15
- €2,100 NLH Hyper Turbo Knockout – Dec 15
- €25,000 NLH (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 15
- €550 NLH Seniors Event (50 or Older) – Dec 15
- €1,100 NLH Multi-Day (Single Re-Entry) – Dec 15
- €1,050 NLH Hyper Turbo Knockout – Dec 15
- €1,650 NLH Mystery Bounty – Dec 16
- €10,000 EPT Prague High Roller – Dec 16
- €2,100 NLH Hyper Turbo Knockout – Dec 16
- €330 NLH Deep Stack (Unlimited Re-Entry ) – Dec 17
- €2,200 NLH Deep Stack (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 17
- €25,000 NLH (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 17
- €1,050 NLH Hyper Turbo Freezeout – Dec 17
- €220 NLH (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 18
- €2,100 NLH Six-Handed (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 18
- €5,150 NLH Six-Handed (Unlimited Re-Entry) – Dec 18
- €1,050 NLH Super Hyper Turbo Freezeout – Dec 18
With nearly 40 unique poker tournaments and dozens of qualifiers running on the sides, EPT Prague 2022 promises to be one of the most exciting poker festivals in Europe this year.
Play Live Poker on the Biggest Stage
The European Poker Tour is easily the biggest live poker tour away from the WSOP, and the Prague leg for 2022 will be absolutely action-packed, offering tournament players plenty of reasons to come into town and bring a big bag of money for the buy-ins.
Whatever your preferred buyin level, there are at least a few events on the schedule that are ideal for you, with mid-stakes tournament grinders in for a real thrill.
One of the biggest charms of EPT Prague is the fact you will get to play poker on TV, as all EPT Main Events and High Rollers are televised and heavily covered by PokerStars and their partners.
If you want to join the fun and have a chance at poker glory, book your tickets for Prague now and set up your accommodations for the period between December 7 and 18, when all the eyes of the European poker elite will be on the Czech capital.
For your chance to enter some tournaments at a discount, make sure to open your PokerStars account and check out the satellites running around the clock!