What is a Race in Poker?

1 minute

Last Updated: January 23, 2024


A race in poker is when two players are all in and have approximately the same winning chances. This is also known as a coin flip because, just like when flipping a coin, either player has around 50% winning chance.

Race Poker Example:

One of the most common examples of a race is when the villain has a suited A K hand, and the hero has pocket pairs, let’s say, a pair of jacks. The hero has around a 54% chance of winning the hand, while the villain has a 46% chance.

<< View All Poker Terms

Disclaimer: content on mypokercoaching.com may contain affiliate links to online gambling operators and other sites. When you use our affiliate links, we may earn a commission based on our terms of service, but that does not influence the content on the site since we strictly follow our editorial guidelines. Learn more about how we make money and why we always stick to unbiased content. All content on this site is intended for those 21 or older or of legal gambling age in their jurisdiction.

Copyright © iBetMedia UAB. All rights reserved. Content may not be reproduced or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder.