The Meta Game – An In-Depth Explanation Guide You Should Read
Last Updated: April 22, 2022
Poker is a game of psychological warfare:
- “Is my opponent bluffing?”
- “Why would he bet so big?”
- “Does the story he’s telling make sense?”
The meta game refers to trying to get inside your opponent’s head and figure out what they’re doing and why they’re doing what they’re doing.
Here are a few factors that might influence this:
- Why did my opponent do what they did?
- How they want me to perceive it?
- What action are they trying to provoke from me?
- How should I respond appropriately?
If you’re able to figure out what your opponent is thinking, you only need to be one step ahead to profit from them in the long-run.
If you want to improve your poker meta game, get ahead of the competition, and significantly improve your results, be sure to visit the 888poker Magazine to read the full article.